About Career Outlook
Career Outlook has articles on a variety of topics—including career fields, career planning, education and training, pay and benefits, and more. Career Outlook has four departments: feature articles, You’re a what?, Interview with a…, and Data on Display.
Feature articles are an in-depth look at a range of career topics.
- Self-employment: What to know to be your own boss
- Certificates: A fast-track to careers
- Resources work: Careers in mining, oil, and gas
See more feature articles
You’re a what? explores unusual occupations by taking a look at the career of someone in that occupation.
Interview with a… describes, in Q & A format, a specific worker’s career path.
Data on Display is a graphic presentation of data of interest to counselors and students.
- Best bets for job perks
- How long do workers stay with the same employer?
- More education, less unemployment
See more Data on Display
All text, charts, and tables are in the public domain, and, with appropriate credit, may be reproduced without permission. Most photographs and illustrations are protected by copyright.