CE Is Coming to Your Town!
Meeting with users of Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE) data is important to the CE program. Whether you use
tables or microdata, we value your comments, and the opportunity to answer questions or otherwise assist
you in using the data.
This page shows conferences at which CE staff from the National Office in Washington, DC, will be presenting.
You may be interested in attending them, or in arranging for a CE staff member to visit your organization to deliver
a formal presentation or attend a one-on-one meeting. Please note that neither the CE program nor the Bureau of
Labor Statistics (BLS) is affiliated with the sponsors of these events. In addition, there usually are registration fees
associated with these events. However, none of these fees is paid to the CE program or the BLS.
If you would like to contact the CE staff about these or other matters, please use any of the methods below to
contact the CE National Office. Inquiries should include your name, and phone number, fax number, mailing address,
or e-mail address, along with a brief message.
This page will be updated periodically, as new information becomes available. Travel plans for CE staff can change subject to budget.
Disclaimer: The authors of some of these studies and presentations are not affiliated with BLS. This information
is provided for your convenience and does not constitute an endorsement.
Participation at these conferences is subject to the status of the BLS budget.
Please see the archives for a list of Webinars.
Crystal City, VA (suburb of Washington, DC)
American Council on Consumer Interests (ACCI)
June 8-10, 2016
Conference Program: http://www.consumerinterests.org/acci-conference-2016
Special Session 1 [A4]: “Conducting Research on Consumer Finances (Assets and Liabilities): Two Large Public Data Sets Explained--The Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF) and CE” (June 8, 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.)
- Overview of Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF) Data. Kevin Moore and Alice Henriques (Federal Reserve Board, SCF program).
- Investigating the Imputation of Assets and Liabilities in the CE Interview Survey. Geoffrey Paulin (BLS).
- Discussion: Remarks from an Expert User of Both Data Sets. Dr. Catherine Montalto (Ohio State University).
Special Session 2 [B1]: “Forever in Your Debt: Relating Consumer Expenditures to Vehicle, Mortgage, and Student Loan Payments” (June 9, 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.)
- Do Consumers’ Expenditures Follow Their Sentiment? Evidence from the Consumer Expenditure Survey and the Consumer Sentiment Index. Arcenis Rojas (BLS).
- Buy Poor, Pay More? An analysis of Income Disparities in Automobile Purchasing. Stephen Brumbaugh (Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics).
- Hitting Us Where We Live: "CE-King" Evidence of Risk-Taking in Mortgages Held During and After the Recent Housing Bubbule. Taylor Wilson (BLS).
- After Graduation: How Student Loan Debt Relates to Income, Expenditures, Asset Accumulation, and Other Debt. Geoffrey Paulin (BLS).
Please see the archives for a list of events that took place in the Northeast.
There are no presentations currently planned for the Midwest.
Please see the archives for a list of events that took place in the Midwest.
There are no presentations currently planned for the South.
Please see the archives for a list of events that took place in the South.
There are no presentations currently planned for the West.
Please see the archives for a list of events that took place in the West.
For more information on regional CE data, please contact your local BLS Regional Information Offices.
If you have questions, please contact the CE National Office Staff.
Information on past events is also available.
Last Modified Date: May 23, 2016