CES National Databases
IMPORTANT Effective with the release of May estimates on June 2, 2017,
the Current Employment Statistics program reorganized the CE datasets stored as text files for download from the BLS website.
CES National Data Access Tips
CES National Published Series – A table displaying the availability, by industry, of both seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted data
More CES National Data Access Tools
- CES National Historical "B" tables – Looking for historical data from the Employment Situation news release tables? Use these data extraction tables.
- Series Report – Already know the series identifier for the statistic you want? Use this shortcut to retrieve your data.
- CES National vintage data – Looking for published employment values as of a specific reference month? These tables display CES published employment values for a given reference month across time.
- Flat text files – For those who want it all. Download a flat file of the entire database or large subset of the database.
Discontinued SIC Data Series
- Are you looking for National CES data produced under the discontinued Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system?
- SIC-based estimates are available through April 2003, and can be downloaded using the BLS Create Customized Tables download tool.
Use the one-screen version if you are using a Java-enabled browser;
otherwise use the multiple-screen version.
- SIC-based data can also be downloaded using the BLS Series Report tool,
and flat text files are available if you want to download a file of the entire
database or a large subset of the database.
CES State and Metro Area Databases
Looking for CES data by State or Metropolitan Statistical Area? You can download data from the CES State and Metro Area branch, which produces employment, hours, and earnings estimates for all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and about 450 metropolitan areas and divisions.