Peter Benjamin Meyer
Division of Productivity Research and Program Development
|Fields of Interest
||Sources and effects of technological change; occupational classification; economic history; history of technology.
Ph.D., Economics, Northwestern University, 2001
A.B., Applied Mathematics, Harvard University, 1988
Research Economist, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2001-present
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer, Symantec Corp, 1988-1994
Selected Publications, Working Papers, and Presentations
- Predicting industry output with statistical learning methods, with Wendy Martinez 2017. In JSM Proceedings, Government Statistics Section. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association. 3256-3269.
- A Catapult of Riches: the invention of the airplane and its industry. 2015. Chapter 8 of Institutions, Innovation, and Industrialization: Essays in Economic History and Development, edited by Greif, Kiesling, and Nye. Princeton U Press.
- An Inventive Commons: shared sources of the airplane and its industry. 2014. Chapter 10 of Governing Knowledge Commons, edited by Frischmann, Madison, and Strandburg. Oxford U Press.
- The Airplane as an Open Source Invention. Revue Economique 64:1, (January 2013), pp. 115-132.
- EHA, Economic History, and Wikipedia. 2013. Plenary presentation at Economic History Association conference.
- Wikis across government agencies.” 2012. Slide presentation at Tech@State / Wikimania 2012
- Statipedia: a platform for collaboration across statistical agencies. 2010. FCSM conference paper with Jim Buszuwski)
- Statipedia: a platform for collaboration across statistical agencies 2009. OECD conference presentation, with Jim Buszuwski
- Workplace organization and innovation. (with Cindy Zoghi and Robert D. Mohr) Canadian Journal of Economics (May 2010)
- Who had an occupation? Changing Boundaries in Historical U.S. Census Data. Historical Social Research (2009)
- Updated unified category system for 1960-2000 Census occupations” (2010)
- Network of Tinkerers: A Model of Open-Source Technology Innovation BLS Working Paper 413. 2007.
- Proposed Category System for 1960-2000 Census Occupations BLS Working Paper 383. 2005.
- Turbulence, Inequality, and Cheap Steel BLS Working Paper 375. 2005.
- Episodes of Collective Invention. BLS Working Paper 368. 2003.
More publications by Peter Benjamin Meyer »
Last Modified Date: January 19, 2018