Department of Labor Logo United States Department of Labor
Dot gov

The .gov means it's official.
Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you're on a federal government site.


The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

Employee Benefits Survey
EBS EBS Program Links

People are asking...

Under Flexible Spending Accounts, can an employer reimburse in monthly increments as the employee's contributions are made, or do they have to under all circumstances remit the full reimbursement at the time the receipt is received?

Answer: The Bureau of Labor Statistics is a statistical agency with no jurisdiction over labor laws and regulations. For help, call the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division (part of the Employment Standards Administration) at 1-866-4USWAGE for assistance. You can also logon to the Department's Internet site at, where major laws and regulations are explained.


Last Modified Date: June 26, 2008