ARS Web Reporting Instructions
By verifying industry and worksite information through the secure website, respondents save taxpayer money on paper, postage,
and their associated costs and burden. Respondents are asked to verify or correct the same information online
as has been requested previously on paper. Emphasizing more cost-effective response options helps maintain the data quality for users of
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) data.
You can complete this report in a single session, or exit the system and then return later to complete it. Information entered on
pages where you clicked on Save and Continue will be stored if you exit the system before completing the report. Information
entered on a page where you have not clicked on Save and Continue will not be saved and will require re-entry.
Can't find an answer to your question? Contact us.
Enter your 12-digit Web ID:
and 8-character case-sensitive Password:
and click 'I Accept.'
- The password always starts with a capital letter, followed by a lowercase letter, followed by six numbers. e.g. Aa123456
- If you are copying and pasting the Web ID and password from solicitation emails, please be sure not to copy any
leading or trailing blanks after the Web ID and password. Our secure website will not validate credentials that are not entered exactly as prescribed.
- If you incorrectly enter your credentials three times, the secure website will temporarily lock your account for
approximately 30 minutes. If this occurs, please close your browser, wait 30 minutes, and then try again. Closing and
reopening the browser refreshes the connection and clears the history of any previously entered information.
Your company's Legal Name, UI Account Number, and the state requesting this report are displayed in the top right corner. Click 'Continue'
to begin the ARS and verify your information.
On this page, you can:
- Let us know if the firm has closed in the state. Check the OUT OF BUSINESS box, enter the date the business closed, and then click "'Save and Continue' to complete the survey.
- Confirm or update the company's business mailing address. This may be within the state, or in another state.
- Confirm or update the physical location address of the business in the state identified at the top right. The physical location address for the unemployment insurance account listed must be in the state identified.
- If you have more than one physical location in the state, click on the checkbox indicating this directly below the physical location address fields.
- If you have employees in the state but no physical location, click the button indicating this below the address.
- Select the County, Township, Island, or Parish in which the physical location of your business is located from the drop down box. If you do not know, or the location is not listed in the dropdown box, click the check box below.
- Provide or update your contact information, then click 'Save and Continue'.
If you clicked the button indicating that you have more than one
physical location in the state, you will see this page after completing the Address and Contact Verification Page.
Complete the information for all additional worksites in the state indicated. Click on 'Add Another Location' for each additional
worksite until you have added all of them. Click on 'Save and Continue'.
Verify or update your main business activity. This is a general business description which may not include all of your business activities, or include some activities in which your business is not involved.
- If the information is generally accurate for the majority of your business, click 'Yes'.
- If the information is incorrect for the majority of your business, click 'No'.
Click 'Save and Continue'.
If you clicked the button indicating the industry description provided is incorrect, you will see this page after clicking 'Save and Continue'.
Use the search feature to locate the correct industry description for your business.
- When you have selected the correct description, with the text displayed in the window, click 'Yes' and describe your main business activity in Step 3. When you have finished entering the description, click 'Save and Continue'.
- If you cannot locate the correct description using the search feature, click 'No' button and describe your main
business activity in Step 3. When you have finished entering the description, click 'Save and Continue'.
The summary page displays all of the information that you have verified and/or updated.
Click 'Print' to print a copy of your survey information for your records. This is the only
opportunity you will have to print the information provided. Use the edit buttons to return to the survey if you need to correct any information.
Click 'Submit Data to BLS' to complete the survey.
After clicking 'Submit Data to BLS' you will see the report verification page. Use the Print button to print a copy of your survey verification.
If you access our secure website with your credentials again, you will immediately be taken to this verification page. If you need to
update your information after it has been submitted to BLS, you should contact your state agency. State contact information is also
listed at the bottom left of the verification page.
Last Modified Date: July 21, 2016