For information on implementation of the 2010 SOC by other Federal statistical agencies, see:
- Department of Commerce, Census Bureau – Standard tabulations of data from the American Community Survey are available through the American FactFinder via the Internet at www.census.gov. Information about occupation coding and written reports on occupational trends can be found at www.census.gov/hhes/www/ioindex/ioindex.html. For additional information, contact the Census Bureau’s Question and Answer Center at http://ask.census.gov or contact the Call Center at (301) 763-INFO.
- Department of Defense – Information on available data products can be obtained on the Internet at www.dmdc.osd.mil; or by writing to Director, Defense Manpower Data Center, 1600 Wilson Blvd., Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22209-2593.
- Department of Education – Information on data products from the Schools and Staffing Survey, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, and various longitudinal studies is available from the specific surveys and programs, which can be found at http://nces.ed.gov/surveys.
- Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA) – O*NET information is available via the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org and also as a downloadable electronic database from the O*NET Resource Center: www.onetcenter.org/database.html. For more information, contact O*NET Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Department of Labor at email@example.com . You can also write to the O*NET project director at Office of Workforce Investment, Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, FPB Room S 4231, 200 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20210.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – More information on the Commission’s data survey and enforcement programs may be obtained from the Commission’s Web site at www.eeoc.gov.
- National Science Foundation – More information on the Scientists and Engineers Statistical Data System (SESTAT) may be obtained from the SESTAT Web site at www.nsf.gov/statistics/sestat.
1May 2010 OES estimates based on data collected over a 3-year cycle under both the 2000 and 2010 SOC structures. Data reflecting full implementation of the 2010 SOC will have a reference date of May 2012.
2Employment projections, 2010-2020, developed using May 2010 OES estimates.
Last Modified Date: September 1, 2011