The Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program publishes a quarterly count of employment and wages reported by employers covering more than 95 percent of U.S. jobs, available at the county, MSA, state and national levels by industry.
BLS updated the full Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) database
through the third quarter of 2018. Links to updated databases, files, and tables
can be found at www.bls.gov/web/cewdat.supp.toc.htm.
Midland, TX, had the largest county over-the-year percentage increase in employment in September
2018 at 11.9 percent. Chatham, GA, had the largest county third quarter 2018 over-the-year percentage
increase in average weekly wages at 8.5 percent.
Discontinued Annual Releases
Archived News Releases
Create Customized Maps
|Create Customized Maps
|QCEW State and County Maps
|Mapping Unemployment Rates (States and Counties)
Database Tool Availability
Discontinued Data Series
- Create Customized Tables (one screen)
- Create Customized Tables (multiple screens)
Downloadable Data Files
- Open Data Access
- Overview -Learn more about the collection of CSV files designed to allow third party programmers, developers, and organizations to retrieve published QCEW data in CSV format.
- Data Slices: Structure and Storage -Learn more about the storage and structure of QCEW's collection of CSV data slices.
- Programming Language Examples -QCEW data slices can be directly accessed from various programming languages. QCEW has made an effort to provide simple examples in several different languages.
All CEW Databases
Publications Archive »
- UPDATED Hurricane maps and tables: Employment, wages, and establishment counts in hurricane flood zones have been updated with third quarter 2018 data.
- TED 02/25/19: Employment among 10 largest counties, September 2017 to September 2018
- TED 11/29/18: Maricopa, Arizona, had largest 12-month percent job gains among 10 largest counties in June 2018
- TED 10/31/18: Employment and wages in sporting and outdoor recreational industries
- TED 10/03/18: Employment and wages in mining industries
- Employment and Wages, Annual Averages 2017
- TED 08/31/18: Nonprofits account for 12.3 million jobs, 10.2 percent of private sector employment, in 2016
- TED 08/27/18: Golf anyone? A look at golf courses and country clubs by state
- TED 08/24/18: Employment up 12.6 percent over the year in Midland County, Texas, March 2018
- BLS Handbook of Methods, Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
Other BLS Programs
Other Useful Links
For BLS QCEW Survey Respondents
For QCEW Data Users
- Telephone: (202) 691-6567
- E-mail: Contact QCEW
- Written inquiries:
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
2 Massachusetts Ave., NE
Washington, D.C. 20212
For related data sources
For state-published data
The cooperating State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) have labor market information
offices that publish and disseminate QCEW data for their states.