I am delighted to introduce the new BLS publication Career Outlook. Formerly known as Occupational Outlook Quarterly, Career Outlook has a new name, a new look, and new features for students, career counselors, jobseekers, researchers, and others. Career Outlook provides helpful information about choosing an occupation, changing careers, understanding education and training options, and more.
You will find several kinds of articles in Career Outlook.
- Feature articles present in-depth studies of topics such as occupations and industries, employment projections, and career planning.
- “You’re a what?” articles profile unique or interesting occupations, such as ornithologist and golf ball diver.
- “Interview with a…” lets you follow a worker’s career path in a question-and-answer format.
- “Data on display” showcases data in graphs, along with accompanying analysis.
- Quick Tips provide links to helpful websites for scholarships and other topics of interest.
Career Outlook articles are written in straightforward language and provide relevant BLS data, where appropriate. A list of related content accompanies each article so that readers can get more information on the topics they want to see. New articles are posted to Career Outlook frequently, so be sure to check back!
You also can sign up to receive email alerts when new Career Outlook articles are published. Just type your email address in the box on the lower right side of the Career Outlook homepage.
Visit the new Career Outlook today!