BLS Data Users’ Conference in Dallas
You are invited to attend the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Data Users’ Conference on August 10, 2017, in Dallas, Texas. Featured topics will include: Overview of BLS data, BLS Occupational Requirements Survey, insights into BLS measures of productivity, and why the unemployment rate still matters.
Special guest speakers include:
- William Wiatrowski, Acting Commissioner for the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Kristen Monaco, Associate Commissioner for Compensation and Working Conditions
- Lucy P. Eldridge, Associate Commissioner for the Office of Productivity and Technology
- Michael Horrigan, Associate Commissioner for the Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics
- When: Thursday, August 10, 2017
- Where: Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, 2200 North Pearl Street, Dallas, Texas 75201
- Time: 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., check-in begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Registration is required via Eventbrite no later than Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
|NOTE: Due to security measures, registration and government issued photo ID will be required for admittance to the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank building. Coffee, beverages, and snacks will be provided.|
- 8:15 a.m. Check-in opens
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
Stanley W. Suchman, Assistant Commissioner for Regional Operations, Dallas-Kansas City
Mine Yücel, Senior Vice President and Director of Research, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- 9:15 a.m. “There’s a Stat for That”
William Wiatrowski, Acting Commissioner of the Bureau Labor Statistics
- 9:30 a.m. Occupational Requirements Survey: Overview and Data Uses
Kristen Monaco, Associate Commissioner, BLS Office of Compensation and Working Conditions
Nicole Dangermond, Economist, BLS Office of Compensation and Working Conditions
- 10:30 a.m. BREAK
- 10:45 a.m. U.S. Productivity Slowdown: Current Data and Insights
Lucy P. Eldridge, Associate Commissioner, BLS Office of Productivity and Technology
- 11:45 a.m. Trends in Labor Force Participation and Why the Unemployment Rate Still Matters
Michael Horrigan, Associate Commissioner, BLS Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics
- 12:45 p.m. Closing remarks
- 12:50 p.m. Speak to Your Own BLS Expert!
Join us for a Data Open House after the event (see below).
Meet with BLS program specialists
We invite you to stop by and meet with BLS program specialists; specialists will be available to discuss:
- Inflation and cost of living from the Consumer Price Index, Producer Price Index, Import/Export Price Indexes, and Consumer Expenditure Survey programs
- Employment and Unemployment from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, Current Employment Statistics, Current Population Survey, and Local Area Unemployment Statistics programs
- Pay and Benefits from the National Compensation Survey and Occupational Employment Statistics programs
- Workplace Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities from the Occupational Safety and Health Statistics program
Feel free to forward this message to any of your staff or colleagues who may be interested. Remember, registration via Eventbrite is required.
If you have any questions, contact the Dallas Information Office at (972) 850-4800 (menu option 0) or send an email.