An official website of the United States government
The Future of Work - BLS Data Users’ Conference in San Francisco — September 13, 2019
You are invited to attend the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Data Users' Conference in San Francisco, CA, on September 13, 2019. The conference aims to bring together experts from government and academia to examine the trends and challenges expected in the Future of Work. Learn what’s happening in labor markets today, insights from new data sources into the gig economy and changing nature of work, and how technology and management are shaping the labor market of the future.
Advance registration is required for this event.
Please Register here by Friday, August 23, 2019.
Special guest speakers include:
- William Beach, Commissioner for the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington, DC
- Kristen Monaco, BLS Associate Commissioner for Compensation and Working Conditions, Washington, DC
- Lucy Eldridge, BLS Associate Commissioner for Productivity and Technology, Washington, DC
- Marianna Kudlyak, Research Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Nicholas Bloom, Professor of Economics, Stanford University
- Susan Athey, Economics of Technology Professor, Stanford Univeristy
- When: Friday, September 13, 2019
- Where: Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, 101 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Cost: FREE
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30p.m., check-in and complimentary breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Registration: Registration is required no later than Monday, August 23
- Register here
NOTE: Due to security measures, registration and photo ID will be required for admittance to the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank building.
Meet with BLS experts
BLS experts will also be available to discuss:
- Inflation and cost of living from the Consumer Price Index and Consumer Expenditure Survey programs
- Industrial and International Prices from the Producer Price Index and Import/Export Price Index programs
- Employment and Unemployment from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, Current Employment Statistics, Current Population Survey, and Local Area Unemployment Statistics programs
- Pay and Benefits from the National Compensation Survey and Occupational Employment Statistics programs; and the Bureau's Occupational Requirements Survey
If you have any questions, contact the BLS San Francisco Information Office at (415) 625-2270 or send an email.
We hope you can make it!
Please feel free to forward this invitation to any of your staff or colleagues who may be interested in joining us at the event.