SOC Implementation Schedule
|Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) programs||Reference date||Publication date|
|Current Population Survey||Jan. 2020||Feb. 2020|
|Employer Costs for Employee Compensation||Dec. 2022**||Mar. 2023**|
|Employment Cost Index||Dec. 2022||Jan. 2023|
|Employment Projections||2019-2029||Fall 2020|
|National Compensation Survey - Benefits (incidence and provisions)||Mar. 2023||Sept. 2023**|
|National Compensation Survey - Benefits (detailed provisions)||2019||Apr. 2020|
|Occupational Employment Statistics*||May 2019||Spring 2020|
|Occupational Requirements Survey||2019||Late 2019|
|OSH - Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries||2019||Dec. 2020|
|OSH - Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses||2019||Nov. 2020|
|Other federal agencies||Reference date||Publication date|
| American Community Survey||2018||Fall 2019|
| Survey of Income and Program Participation||2018||TBD|
|Employment and Training Administration, Occupational Information Network (O*NET)||N/A||Beginning Nov. 2020|
|National Center for Education Statistics|
| Adult Training and Education Survey||2020||2021|
| High School and Beyond||2020||2021|
| Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System||2018-19||2020|
| National Postsecondary Student Aid Study and its longitudinal follow-ups||2020||2021|
| National Teacher and Principal Survey||2019-20||2021|
| Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies||2021||2023|
For information on non-BLS agencies and programs that use the SOC, see:
- Department of Commerce, Census Bureau – Standard tabulations of data from the American Community Survey are available through the American FactFinder via the Internet at www.census.gov. Information about occupation coding and written reports on occupational trends can be found at https://www.census.gov/topics/employment/industry-occupation/guidance/code-lists.html. For additional information, contact the Census Bureau's Question and Answer Center at https://ask.census.gov or contact the Call Center at (301) 763-INFO.
- Department of Defense – Information on available data products can be obtained on the Internet at dwp.dmdc.osd.mil; or by writing to Director, Defense Manpower Data Center, 4800 Mark Center Drive, Suite 04E25, Alexandria, VA 22350.
- Department of Education – Information on National Center for Education Statistics data products that use SOC coding is available at http://nces.ed.gov/surveys.
- Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA) – O*NET information is available via the Internet at https://onetonline.org and https://mynextmove.org; as a downloadable electronic database from the O*NET Resource Center; www.onetcenter.org/database.html; and through O*NET Web Services at https://services.onetcenter.org. For more information, contact O*NET Customer Support at email@example.com or contact the Department of Labor at ETAPagemaster@dol.gov. You can also write to the O*NET project director at Office of Workforce Investment, Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, FPB Room S 4526, 200 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20210.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – More information on the Commission's data survey and enforcement programs may be obtained from the Commission's Web site at www.eeoc.gov.
- National Science Foundation – More information on the Scientists and Engineers Statistical Data System (SESTAT) may be obtained from the SESTAT Web site at www.nsf.gov/statistics/sestat.
*Spring 2020 OES estimates based on data collected over a 3-year cycle under both the 2010 and 2018 SOC structures. Data reflecting full implementation of the 2018 SOC will have a reference date of May 2021.
**Proposed dates--subject to change.
Last Modified Date: April 11, 2022