The information on this page relates to the 2010 SOC, please see the 2018 SOC for information on the most recent version of the SOC.
- The 2010 SOC User Guide (entire guide, PDF):
- What’s New in the 2010 SOC (PDF)
- Classification Principles and Coding Guidelines, 2010 SOC (PDF)
- Standard Occupational Classification and Coding Structure, 2010 SOC (PDF)
- FAQs and Acknowledgements, 2010 SOC (PDF)
- 2010 SOC Structure (PDF) (XLS)
- 2010 SOC Definitions (PDF) (XLS)
- Type of change by detailed occupation, 2010 SOC (XLS)
- Alphabetical Index to the 2010 SOC (XLS)
- UPDATED Direct Match Title File, 2010 SOC (XLS, PDF, 254 pages)
- UPDATED Sorted by Direct Match title (PDF, 254 pages)
- Chronological list of changes to the Direct Match Title File (PDF)
- Spanish Translation of the 2010 SOC, “Manual de Clasificación Ocupacional Uniforme” (PDF, 443 pages)
- “Implementing the 2010 Standard Occupational Classification in the Occupational Employment Statistics program” by Audrey L. Watson, Monthly Labor Review, May 2013, pp. 36-49
- “Revising the Standard Occupational
Classification system for 2010” by Theresa Cosca and Alissa Emmel, Monthly Labor Review, August 2010, pp. 32-41
- “The 2010 SOC: A classification system gets an update” by Alissa Emmel and Theresa Cosca, Occupational Outlook Quarterly, Summer 2010, Vol. 54, Number 2, pp. 13-19
On January 21, 2009, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) published a Federal Register notice detailing the final decisions for the 2010 SOC. Please refer to the PDF version available below for more detailed information.
- Federal Register Notice, January 21, 2009 (PDF)
- Federal Register Notice, May 22, 2008 (PDF)
- Federal Register Notice, May 16, 2006 (PDF)
As noted in the Federal Register notice of January 21, 2009, the SOCPC responses to the comments received are provided below.
- Selected crosswalks are available from the Analyst Resource Center (ARC), a joint effort between the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration and the states to enhance information delivery to workforce customers in the employment, education and economic development sectors.
For additional information
concerning the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) system, contact us at:
- Email: Contact us
- Telephone number: 202-691-6500
- Fax number: 202-691-6444
- Mail address: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001