Erin Boon, Ph.D.
Data Scientist Office of Survey Methods Research
Fields of Interest:
- California State University, 2019, East Bay, M.S., Statistics, Data Science
- Harvard University, Ph.D., 2014, Celtic Languages & Literatures, Linguistic Theory
- Harvard University, A.M, 2010, Celtic Languages & Literatures
- Aberystwyth University, M.A., 2008, Medieval Welsh Literature
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2006, Classics, Celtic Studies
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Data visualization
- Natural language processingData Models
- Efficient programming (SQL, R, python)
- Data science project management
Selected Publications and Working Papers:
- Data Scientist, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2023 - present
- Lead Data Scientist, The Atlantic, 2022 - 2022
- Senior Data Scientist, The Atlantic, 2021 - 2022
- Data Scientist, The Atlantic, 2019 - 2021
- Research Analyst/ACLS Public Fellow, The Texas Tribune, 2016 - 2018
- Speech Data Evaluator, Adecco at Google, 2014 - 2015
- Graduate Research & Teaching Fellow, Harvard University, 2008 - 2014
- Vales, A., Boon, E. 2022. Getting Started with Product Research, News Product Alliance. https://newsproduct.org/product-kit/getting-started-with-product-research.
- Boon, E. 2015. Heritage Welsh and the Bilingual Continuum: Grammatical Gender Under Incomplete Acquisition, Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, Volume 21, pp. 82-96.
- Boon, E., Polinsky, M. 2015. From Silence to Voice: Empowering Heritage Language Speakers in the 21st Century, Observatory of the Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures in the United States, Harvard FAS and Instituto Cervantes. https://cervantesobservatorio.fas.harvard.edu/en/reports/silence-voice-empowering-heritage-language-speakers-21st-century.
Last Modified Date: April 19, 2023