Green Technologies and Practices (GTP)
The Green Technologies and Practices (GTP) survey is a special survey of business establishments designed to collect data on establishments' use of green technologies and practices and the occupations of workers who spend more than half of their time involved in green technologies and practices.
Elimination of the Green Technologies and Practices program
On March 1, 2013, President Obama ordered into effect the across-the-board spending cuts (commonly referred to as sequestration) required by the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act, as amended. Under the order, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) must cut its current budget by more than $30 million, about 5 percent of the current 2013 appropriation, by September 30, 2013. In order to achieve these savings and protect core programs, the BLS will eliminate two programs and all "measuring green jobs" products. These products include: data on employment by industry and occupation for businesses that produce green goods and services; data on the occupations and wages of jobs related to green technologies and practices; and green career information publications. Please see https://www.bls.gov/bls/sequester_info.htm for more information regarding the sequestration at BLS.
June 29, 2012
About three-quarters of business establishments reported the use
of at least one green technology or practice. Approximately 854,700
jobs were held by workers who spent more than half of their time
involved in green technologies and practices in August 2011.
August 2011 GTP tables
- Establishments reporting green technologies and practices
- Establishments by type of technology or practice for the U.S. and by census regions (HTML) (PDF)
- Establishments by industry (HTML) (PDF)
- Establishments by number of green technologies and practices reported (HTML) (PDF)
- Establishments by type of technology or practice, U.S. and census regions, and by industry sector (HTML) (PDF)
- GTP Employment (for workers who spend more than half their time involved in green technologies and practices)
- Employment for the U.S. and census regions (HTML) (PDF)
- Employment by industry (HTML) (PDF)
- Employment and wages by occupation (HTML) (PDF)
- All GTP establishment and employment data
- All August 2011 GTP estimates in one file (XLS)
For additional information or questions concerning data from the Green Technologies and Practices (GTP) survey, please contact a GTP staff member: