Florida: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from Florida totaled $55.5 billion in 2021, up 21.4 percent from $45.7 billion in 2020. The price index for the top export industry in Florida, computer and electronic product manufacturing, increased in April. The export price indexes for transportation equipment manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, and machinery manufacturing rose over the same period.
Top Six Florida Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2021
- Florida accounted for 6.2 percent of total U.S. exports of computer and electronic product manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2021, ranking fourth among all states.
- Florida exports represented 3.2 percent of the U.S. total in 2021.
- The top 6 export industries from Florida accounted for 72.6 percent of the state’s total 2021 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices rose 0.5 percent in April.
- Export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices advanced 3.7 percent from April 2021 to April 2022.
- The 12-month rise in computer and electronic product manufacturing prices was driven by an 8.1-percent increase in prices for computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices advanced 0.7 percent in April.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices increased 3.4 percent for the 12 months ended April 2022.
- A 7.4-percent rise in motor vehicle body and trailer manufacturing prices contributed to the over-the-year increase in prices for transportation equipment manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Chemical Manufacturing
- The price index for chemical manufacturing exports increased 1.8 percent in April.
- The index for chemical manufacturing prices advanced 6.4 percent over the past year.
- The 12-month rise in overall chemical manufacturing prices was led by a 53.5-percent increase in prices for pesticide, fertilizer, and other agricultural chemical manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Machinery manufacturing export prices rose 1.4 percent in April.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 7.4 percent over the 12 months ended April 2022.
- The 12-month increase for machinery manufacturing export prices was driven by an 11.0-percent rise in prices for commercial and service industry machinery manufacturing.
Southeast Information Office • BLSInfoAtlanta@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/ • 404-893-4222
Last Modified Date: May 25, 2022