Florida: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from Florida totaled $67.5 billion in 2022, up 21.1 percent from 2021. The price index for the top export industry in Florida, computer and electronic product manufacturing, decreased in July. The export price index for chemical manufacturing also declined in July, and prices for transportation equipment manufacturing and machinery manufacturing advanced over the same period.
Top Six Florida Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2022
- Florida exports represented 3.3 percent of the U.S. export total in 2022.
- Florida accounted for 6.2 percent of total U.S. exports of computer and electronic product manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2022, ranking third among all states.
- The top 6 export industries from Florida accounted for 73.5 percent of the state’s total 2022 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices declined 0.2 percent in July.
- Export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices decreased 2.4 percent for the 12 months ended July 2023.
- The 12-month drop in the price index for computer and electronic product manufacturing was led by a 5.4-percent drop in computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing prices.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices ticked up 0.1 percent in July.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices increased 4.0 percent for the 12 months ended July 2023.
- The 12-month rise in prices for export transportation equipment manufacturing was driven by a 7.6-percent advance in prices for aerospace product and parts manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Chemical Manufacturing
- The price index for chemical manufacturing exports decreased 2.1 percent in July.
- A 3.2-percent drop in prices for basic chemical manufacturing contributed to the monthly decrease in prices for chemical manufacturing.
- Export chemical manufacturing prices declined 10.2 percent over the past year.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Export machinery manufacturing prices increased 0.1 in July.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 4.5 percent over the past year.
- A 4.7-percent increase in agriculture, construction, and mining machinery manufacturing export prices contributed to the 12-month rise in machinery manufacturing prices.
Southeast Information Office • BLSInfoAtlanta@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/ • 404-893-4222
Last Modified Date: August 23, 2023