Import/Export Price Indexes
Georgia: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from Georgia totaled $47.3 billion in 2022, up 11.4 percent from 2021. Prices for the largest export industry in Georgia, transportation equipment manufacturing, increased in April. Export prices for machinery manufacturing and chemical manufacturing also rose over the same period and computer and electronic product manufacturing prices declined.
Top Six Georgia Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2022
- Overall exports from Georgia represented 2.3 percent of the U.S. total export trade dollar value in 2022.
- Georgia accounted for 4.5 percent of total U.S. exports of transportation equipment manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2022.
- The top 6 export industries from Georgia accounted for 68.0 percent of the state’s total 2022 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices advanced 0.1 percent in April.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices increased 4.2 percent for the 12 months ended April 2023.
- The 12-month increase in prices for export transportation equipment manufacturing was driven by a 6.7-percent increase in prices for aerospace product and parts manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Export machinery manufacturing prices rose 0.4 percent in April.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 5.5 percent over the past year.
- A 7.4-percent increase in commercial and service industry machinery manufacturing export prices contributed to the 12-month rise in machinery manufacturing prices.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Chemical Manufacturing
- The price index for chemical manufacturing exports increased 0.1 percent in April.
- A 0.5-percent rise in prices for soap, cleaning compound, and toilet preparation manufacturing contributed to the monthly increase in prices for chemical manufacturing.
- Export chemical manufacturing prices declined 6.4 percent over the past year.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices edged down 0.1 percent in April.
- Export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices decreased 1.6 percent for the 12 months ended April 2023.
- The 12-month decrease in the price index for computer and electronic product manufacturing was led by a 5.0-percent decrease in computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing prices.
Southeast Information Office • BLSInfoAtlanta@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/ • 404-893-4222
Last Modified Date: May 24, 2023