Georgia: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from Georgia totaled $42.4 billion in 2021, up 9.2 percent from 2020. Prices for the largest export industry in Georgia, transportation equipment manufacturing, were unchanged in October. Prices for export chemical manufacturing and computer and electronic product manufacturing declined over the same period. Machinery manufacturing prices increased in October.
Top Six Georgia Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2021
- Overall exports from Georgia represented 2.4 percent of the U.S. total export trade dollar value in 2021.
- Georgia accounted for 5.3 percent of total U.S. exports of transportation equipment manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2021.
- The top 6 export industries from Georgia accounted for 68.4 percent of the state’s total 2021 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices were unchanged in October.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices increased 4.0 percent for the 12 months ended October 2022.
- A 7.7-percent advance in motor vehicle parts manufacturing prices drove the 12-month increase in prices for transportation equipment manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Export machinery manufacturing prices increased 0.5 percent in October.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 6.7 percent over the 12 months ended October 2022.
- The 12-month rise in machinery manufacturing prices was driven by a 7.5-percent increase in prices for agriculture, construction, and mining machinery manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Chemical Manufacturing
- The price index for chemical manufacturing exports decreased 2.4 percent in October.
- A 12.1-percent drop in resin, synthetic rubber, and artificial synthetic fibers and filaments prices led the monthly decrease in prices for chemical manufacturing.
- The index for export chemical manufacturing prices declined 1.8 percent over the past year.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices decreased 0.2 percent in October.
- Export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices advanced 2.3 percent from October 2021 to October 2022.
- The 12-month rise in computer and electronic product manufacturing prices was driven by a 2.7-percent increase in prices for computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing.
Southeast Information Office • BLSInfoAtlanta@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/ • 404-893-4222
Last Modified Date: November 23, 2022