Georgia: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from Georgia totaled $47.3 billion in 2022, up 11.4 percent from 2021. Prices for the largest export industry in Georgia, transportation equipment manufacturing, increased in October. Export prices for computer and electronic product manufacturing and machinery manufacturing advanced over the same period, and the export price index for chemical manufacturing declined.
Top Six Georgia Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2022
- Overall exports from Georgia represented 2.3 percent of the U.S. total export trade dollar value in 2022.
- Georgia accounted for 4.5 percent of total U.S. exports of transportation equipment manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2022.
- The top 6 export industries from Georgia accounted for 68.0 percent of the state’s total 2022 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices increased 0.2 percent in October.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices rose 4.8 percent for the 12 months ended October 2023.
- The 12-month rise in prices for export transportation equipment manufacturing was driven by a 7.2-percent advance in prices for aerospace product and parts manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Export machinery manufacturing prices increased 0.1 percent in October.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 4.7 percent over the past year.
- A 5.7-percent increase in other general purpose machinery manufacturing export prices contributed to the 12-month rise in machinery manufacturing prices.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Chemical Manufacturing
- The price index for chemical manufacturing exports decreased 0.3 percent in October.
- Export chemical manufacturing prices declined 3.2 percent over the past year.
- A 7.1-percent decrease in prices for resin, synthetic rubber, and artificial synthetic fibers and filaments manufacturing led the 12-month decline in prices for chemical manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices rose 0.1 percent in October.
- Despite the monthly advance, export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices decreased 1.5 percent for the 12 months ended October 2023.
- The 12-month drop in the price index for computer and electronic product manufacturing was led by a 5.5-percent decrease in semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturing prices.
Southeast Information Office • BLSInfoAtlanta@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/ • 404-893-4222
Last Modified Date: November 24, 2023