Pacific Northwest: Price Movements of Top Exports and Other Highlights
Exports from the Pacific Northwest—composed of Washington, Oregon, and Alaska—totaled $89.2 billion in 2021, up 26.3 percent from 2020. The price index for the top export industry in the Pacific Northwest, computer and electronic product manufacturing, was unchanged in June. The export price indexes for crop production and machinery manufacturing decreased, and transportation equipment manufacturing prices rose over the same period.
Top Six Pacific Northwest Exports by Trade Dollar Value, 2021
- Exports from the Pacific Northwest represented 5.1 percent of the U.S. total in 2021.
- The Pacific Northwest accounted for 8.4 percent of total U.S. exports of computer and electronic product manufacturing by trade dollar value in 2021.
- The top 6 export industries from the Pacific Northwest accounted for 76.0 percent of the region's total 2021 export trade dollar value.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing export prices were unchanged in June.
- Export computer and electronic product manufacturing prices advanced 2.4 percent from June 2021 to June 2022.
- The 12-month rise in computer and electronic product manufacturing prices was driven by a 5.2-percent increase in prices for computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Crop Production
- Crop production export prices fell 0.8 percent in June.
- Export prices for crop production rose 20.5 percent over the last 12 months.
- A 19.1-percent advance in prices for oilseed and grain farming contributed to the over-the-year increase in prices for crop production.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Transportation equipment manufacturing export prices ticked up 0.1 percent in June.
- The index for export transportation equipment manufacturing prices increased 3.9 percent for the 12 months ended June 2022.
- A 9.7-percent rise in motor vehicle body and trailer manufacturing prices contributed to the over-the-year increase in prices for transportation equipment manufacturing.
U.S. Export Price Indexes: Machinery Manufacturing
- Machinery manufacturing export prices fell 0.2 percent in June.
- The June decline was the largest 1-month decrease since the index fell 0.4 percent in November 2020.
- Prices for export machinery manufacturing advanced 6.2 percent over the 12 months ended June 2022.
Western Information Office • BLSInfoSF@bls.gov • https://www.bls.gov/regions/west/ • 415-625-2270
Last Modified Date: July 25, 2022