Fastest growing occupations through 2012
February 12, 2004
Four of the half-dozen fastest growing occupations, as measured by percent change in employment through 2012, will be in health-related fields.
Among the 30 fastest growing occupations, a total of 15 will be in the health field, seven will be computer-related, three will be environment-related and three will be in teaching.
These data are produced by the Employment Projections program. For more information, see "Occupational employment projections to 2012," in the February issue of Monthly Labor Review.
Recent editions of Spotlight on Statistics
- Union Membership, Activity, and Compensation in 2022
Examines trends in union membership, work stoppages, and pay and benefits among union members.
- A Look at a Neat Industry: Distilleries
Examines trends in employment, establishments, wages, and consumer prices for distilleries.
- A Look at Projected Employment in Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services, 2021‒31
Examines projected employment growth for the 2021–31 decade for the sector and its detailed industries and top-employing occupations.
- Business Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Looks at differences in private industry businesses' responses to COVID-19 across firm sizes.
- Inflation Experiences for Lower and Higher Income Households Presents consumer price indexes for the lowest and highest household incomes to examine how different spending patterns change measures of inflation.