December 1, 2011 (The Editor’s Desk is updated each business day.)
Third quarter 2011 productivity growth revised downward
Previous and revised productivity and related measures, nonfarm business, third quarter 2011 (quarterly percent change at seasonally adjusted annual rates)
||Quarterly percent change at annual rate
(Output per hour)
Unit labor costs
These data are featured in the TED article, Third quarter 2011 productivity growth revised downward.
Recent editions of Spotlight on Statistics
- Fatal Injuries to Foreign-Born Hispanic or Latino Workers
Explores the industries, occupations, and events related to these fatalities.
- For-Profit, Nonprofit, and Government Sector Jobs in 2022
Compares the labor force characteristics and experiences of workers in the for-profit, nonprofit, government, and self-employed sectors.
- Union Membership, Activity, and Compensation in 2022
Focuses on trends in union membership, work stoppages, and pay and benefits among union members.
- A Look at a Neat Industry: Distilleries
Examines trends in employment, establishments, wages, and consumer prices for distilleries.
- Healthcare Occupations: Characteristics of the Employed
Compares the demographic characteristics of workers in healthcare occupations.