March 9, 2012 (The Editor’s Desk is updated each business day.)
Workplace safety for security guards
Percent of fatal work injuries and nonfatal injuries and illnesses involving at least 1 day away from work by time of event for security guards and all workers
|Time of event
||Fatal work injuries, 2003–2009
||Nonfatal injuries and illnesses, 2009
12:01 a.m.–4:00 a.m.
4:01 a.m.–8:00 a.m.
12:01 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
4:01 p.m.–8 p.m.
Time not reported
These data are featured in the TED article, Workplace safety for security guards.
Recent editions of Spotlight on Statistics
- Fatal Injuries to Foreign-Born Hispanic or Latino Workers
Explores the industries, occupations, and events related to these fatalities.
- For-Profit, Nonprofit, and Government Sector Jobs in 2022
Compares the labor force characteristics and experiences of workers in the for-profit, nonprofit, government, and self-employed sectors.
- Union Membership, Activity, and Compensation in 2022
Focuses on trends in union membership, work stoppages, and pay and benefits among union members.
- A Look at a Neat Industry: Distilleries
Examines trends in employment, establishments, wages, and consumer prices for distilleries.
- Healthcare Occupations: Characteristics of the Employed
Compares the demographic characteristics of workers in healthcare occupations.