August 29, 2012 (The Editor’s Desk is updated each business day.)
How do married parents use their time?
Average percent of married fathers (employed full time with household children age 18) and married mothers (with husbands employed full time and household children under age 18) engaged in selected activities per weekday, 2009 annual averages
Food preparation and cleanup
Childcare (for household children)
These data are featured in the TED article, How do married parents use their time?.
Recent editions of Spotlight on Statistics
- Fatal Injuries to Foreign-Born Hispanic or Latino Workers
Explores the industries, occupations, and events related to these fatalities.
- For-Profit, Nonprofit, and Government Sector Jobs in 2022
Compares the labor force characteristics and experiences of workers in the for-profit, nonprofit, government, and self-employed sectors.
- Union Membership, Activity, and Compensation in 2022
Focuses on trends in union membership, work stoppages, and pay and benefits among union members.
- A Look at a Neat Industry: Distilleries
Examines trends in employment, establishments, wages, and consumer prices for distilleries.
- Healthcare Occupations: Characteristics of the Employed
Compares the demographic characteristics of workers in healthcare occupations.