An official website of the United States government
Here is how you know
The .gov means it's official.
Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information,
make sure you're on a federal government site.
The site is secure.
https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any
information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.
Wage and salary workers
Management, business, and financial operations
Professional and related
Sales and related
Office and administrative support
Farming, fishing, and forestry
Construction and extraction
Installation, maintenance, and repair
Transportation and material moving
Earnings <= 25th percentile
Earnings from 25th to 50th percentiles
Earnings from 50th to 75th percentiles
Earnings > 75th percentile
(1) Individuals may have worked at more than one location.
(2) "Working at home" includes any time persons did work at home and is not restricted to persons whose usual workplace is their home.
(3) Includes self-employed workers whose businesses are unincorporated. Self-employed workers whose businesses are incorporated are classified as wage and salary workers.
(4) Effective with January 2011 data, occupations reflect the introduction of the 2010 Census occupational classification system into the American Time Use Survey. This classification is derived from the 2010 Standard Occupational Classification (SOC). No historical data have been revised. Data for 2011 and later are not strictly comparable with earlier years.
(5) These values are based on usual weekly earnings. The earnings data are limited to wage and salary workers (both incorporated and unincorporated self-employed workers are excluded).
NOTE: Includes work at main job only and at locations other than home or workplace. Excludes travel related to work. Data refer to persons 15 years and over.
Last Modified Date: May 18, 2015