Interactive dashboards from International Labor Comparisons
September 01, 2011
The BLS International Labor Comparisons program has produced a new data visualization tool for displaying international economic data. Interactive dashboards allow users to produce charts and graphs for a variety of economic indicators. Users simply choose the indicator, the countries, and the years, and the charts instantly appear.
Four dashboard XLS files are currently available on the BLS website:
- Labor force, employment, and unemployment (XLS)
- Hourly compensation costs (XLS)
- Productivity and unit labor costs (XLS)
- GDP per capita and per hour (XLS)
Data included in the labor force, employment, and unemployment XLS file illustrate the differences in men's and women's unemployment rates in various countries. During 2010, men's unemployment rates were higher than women's in Canada, Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United Sates, while the opposite was true in Australia, France, Italy and Japan.
These dashboard files contain data from the International Labor Comparisons (ILC) program. For more information, see the ILC Dashboards webpage. Note that the dashboard files may function best in Microsoft Excel.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, The Economics Daily, Interactive dashboards from International Labor Comparisons on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2011/ted_20110901.htm (visited August 13, 2020).
Recent editions of Spotlight on Statistics
- Using BLS Data to Match People with Disabilities with Jobs Presents data that can help increase access and opportunity for people with disabilities in the nation’s labor market.
- How Women and Aging Affect Trends in Labor Force Growth Examines how women’s labor force participation and the aging of the U.S. population affect trends in labor force growth.
- Meal Appeal: Patterns of Expenditures on Food away from Home
Examines spending on food away from home, such as meals or snacks from restaurants, vending machines, employer cafeterias, or other venues.
- Job Flexibilities and Work Schedules in 2017–18
Examines data on job flexibilities, such as working at home, flexible schedules, and shift work.