Section 16 - Educational Expenses
Section 16 collects educational expenses, including recreational lesson fees, tuition, room and board, purchases of school books and equipment, and other educational expenses. IMPORTANT: The Census Bureau does not release to the Bureau of Labor Statistics any confidential information such as names and addresses. This information is only used during the course of the interview.
Now I am going to ask about education expenses. Please include any direct payments made for any members of your CU or for anyone outside your CU and any payments you made online or had automatically deducted.
Do NOT include payments made on student loans.
Since the first of the reference month, have you or any members of your CU
paid for -
* Adult day care, baby sitting and in home day care are collected in Section 19A.
2. Nursery school or child day care centers?
95. Continue list
* IF YES - Read each item on list
Did you pay for -
4. Housing while attending school?
5. Food or board while attending school?
6. Private school bus service?
7. Test preparation or tutoring services?
8. Purchase of any school books, supplies, or equipment which has not already been reported?
9. Other school related expenses not already reported?
99. None/No more entries
What kind of school or facility was it?
2. Elementary through high school
3. Child day care center
4. Nursery school or preschool
5. Vocational or Technical School
* Enter 13 for same amount each month of the reference period
What was combined with the education expense from above?
2. Nursery school or child day care centers
4. Housing while attending school
5. Food or board while attending school
6. Private school bus service
7. Test preparation or tutoring services
8. Purchase of any school books, supplies, or equipment which has not already been reported
9. Other school related expenses not already reported
Last Modified Date: April 16, 2009