2019 CE Survey Methods Symposium Agenda
Challenges and Opportunities facing BLS Household Surveys
July 16, 2019
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 – 1:10 p.m.
Welcome and CE redesign update: Parvati Krishnamurty, CE (BLS)
1:10 – 2:10 p.m.
Incentive delivery methods and experiments
2:10 – 2:20 p.m.
2:20 – 3:20 p.m.
Assessment of data quality
Incentives and the American Time Use Survey: Experimenting with cash, Rachel Krantz-Kent, ATUS, (BLS)
- Innovations in incentives in the NLS, Donna Rothstein, NLS (BLS)
- Experimenting with Monetary Incentives in the CE Survey, Barry Steinberg, CESMD (BLS)
- Discussion and audience questions: Discussant--Erica Yu, OSMR (BLS)
3:20 – 3:30 p.m.
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Alternate modes of data collection
- Electronically mediated employment: designing new questions and assessing data quality, Roxanna Edwards, CPS (BLS)
- How Different are NE Cases and the ATUS Sample: A Consideration of Demographic Factors and Data Quality Indicators, David Biagas, OSMR (BLS)
- Exploring the Characteristics of Partial Interviews in the Consumer Expenditure Survey, Laura Erhard, CE (BLS)
- Discussion and audience questions: Discussant--Jennifer Edgar, OSMR (BLS)
4:30 – 4:35 p.m.
Concluding Remarks: Laura Erhard, CE (BLS)
- Field testing the CE Online Diary, Parvati Krishnamurty, CE (BLS)
- Factors to consider for web-based collection of time diary data in the ATUS, Rose Woods, ATUS (BLS)
- Change in primary mode from in-person to phone in the NLSY79 and NLSY97, Holly Olson, NLS (BLS)
- Discussion and audience questions: Discussant--Brandon Kopp, OSMR (BLS)
For a printable PDF version, click here
Last Modified Date: June 18, 2019