- Blanka Thibaud "Job openings, hires, and separations rise, but at a slower pace, in 2016"
- Ainslie MacLeod "Job openings, hires, and separations return to prerecession levels in 2015"
- Charlotte Oslund "Which industries need workers? Exploring differences in labor market activity"
- Katherine Bauer "Comparison of U.S. and international labor turnover statistics"
- Kevin S. Dubina "Job openings reach a new high, hires and quits also increase"
- Megan Sweitzer "Job openings continue to rise in 2013"
- Katherine Bauer "Examination of state-level labor turnover survey data"
- Kendra C. Hathaway "Job openings continue to grow in 2012, hires and separations less so"
- Katherine Bauer "Analysis of JOLTS Research Estimates by Size of Firm"
- Guy L. Podgornik "Job openings and hires continue to show modest changes in 2011"
- Katherine Bauer Klemmer and Robert Lazaneo "Job openings and hires show little postrecession improvement"
- Caryn N. Bruyere, Guy L. Podgornik, and James R. Spletzer "Employment dynamics over the last decade"
- Mark deWolf and Katherine Klemmer "Job openings, hires, and separations fall during the recession"
- Katherine Klemmer “Job availability during a recession: an examination of the number of unemployed persons per job opening”
- John Wohlford "Methodological Changes in the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey"
- Katherine Klemmer “Job openings and hires decline in 2008”
- Zhi Boon “Job openings, hires, and turnover decrease in 2007”
- Zhi Boon, Charles M. Carson, R. Jason Faberman, and Randy E. Ilg, “Studying the labor market using BLS labor dynamics data”
- Brady Stephens and Kim Riley, “Developing Annual Estimates of Hires and Separations”
- Kelly A. Clark, “The Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey: what initial data show”
- John Wohlford, Mary Anne Phillips, Richard Clayton, and George Werking, “Reconciling Labor Turnover and Employment Statistics”
- Kelly A. Clark and Mary Anne Phillips, “A Comparison of Job Openings Surveys: Concepts and Survey Design”
- Kelly A. Clark, “What an Indicator of Labor Demand Means for U.S. Labor Market Analysis: Initial Results from the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey”
- Kelly A. Clark, Mary Anne Phillips, and Brady Stephens, “The Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey: Preparing to Publish Data for a New Survey”
- Kelly A. Clark and Rosemary Hyson, “New tools for labor market analysis: JOLTS” (PDF 41K)
- Mark Crankshaw and George Stamas, “Sample Design in the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey”
- Charlotte Mueller and John Wohlford, “Developing a New Business Survey: Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey at the Bureau of Labor Statistics”
- Mary Anne Phillips and Charlotte Mueller, “The Genesis of an Establishment Survey: Research and Development for the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey at the BLS”
- JOLTS Basic (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interview) Form (PDF 24K)
- JOLTS Temporary Help/Professional Employer Organization Industry (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interview) Form (PDF 23K)
- JOLTS Education Industry (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interview) Form (PDF 23K)