Inter-industry relationships (Input-Output matrix)
This page contains links to files of input-output data for the U.S. economy for the historical years 1997–2018, and for the projected year 2028. Input-output data show the flow of commodities from production through intermediate use by industries to purchases by final users. These data are developed as a set of matrices or tables for each year. The input-output tables produced by the BLS are derived from input-output data initially developed by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
Data for Researchers
- Input-output data for the U.S. economy for the historical years 1997–2018, and for the projected year 2028 (ZIP, 9.5 MB)
This file includes:
- Input-output layout and description
- Final demand sectoring plan
- Industry sectoring plan
- Nominal dollar input-output data for 1997–2018
- Chain-weighted (2012 dollar based) input-output data for 1997–2018
- Projected 2028 chain-weighted (2012 dollar based) input-output data
- How to Decompress ZIP Files
- Via e-mail.
- Via telephone at 202-691-5700.
- Via mail to: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001.
Last Modified Date: April 29, 2020