Education and Training Data
BLS provides information about education and training requirements for hundreds of occupations. In the education and training system, each of the occupations for which the office publishes projections data is assigned separate categories for education, work experience, and on-the-job training. Occupations can be grouped in order to create estimates of the outlook for occupations with various types of education or training needs. In addition, educational attainment data for each occupation are presented to show the level of education achieved by current workers.
Methodology and Definitions
All education tables in a single file (XLSX)
- Table 5.1 Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2018
- Table 5.2 Employment, wages, and projected change in employment by typical entry-level education
- Table 5.3 Educational attainment for workers 25 years and older by detailed occupation, 2016-17
- Table 5.4 Education and training assignments by detailed occupation, 2016
The Occupational Projections Data database displays data on 2016 and projected 2026 employment, employment change, occupational openings, education, training, and wages for each detailed National Employment Matrix occupation. Users can obtain specific data for any occupation in the matrix and compare the results with data on other detailed occupations.
- Via e-mail.
- Via telephone at 202-691-5700.
- Via mail to: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001.
Last Modified Date: October 24, 2017