Industry Output and Employment
This page contains links to the industry output and employment projections files, as well as the historical industry output and employment data used to develop those projections. The projections are available only on a national basis for the year 2032. The historical data are available only on a national basis annually.
The methodology used to project industry output and employment is described on the Employment Projections program's methodology page and in the BLS Handbook of Methods.
All industry tables in a single file (XLSX)
Most Recent Analysis
Overview articles from the Monthly Labor Review dating from 2005 to the present can be found on the Projections Overviews page.
Other Industry Analysis
Data for Researchers
Industry output and employment data for the U.S. economy for historical years, and for the projected year 2032. (ZIP)
This file includes:
- Industry output and employment description
- Industry sectoring plan
- Historical industry employment
- Historical industry output
- Historical commodity output
- Projected industry output and employment
How to Decompress ZIP Files
- Via e-mail.
- Via telephone at 202-691-5700.
- Via mail to: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001.
Last Modified Date: January 26, 2024