Industry Output and Employment
This page contains links to the industry output and employment projections files, as well as the historical industry output and employment data used to develop those projections. The projections are available only on a national basis for the year 2030. The historical data are available only on a national basis annually.
The methodology used to project industry output and employment is described on the Employment Projections program's methodology page and in the BLS Handbook of Methods.
All industry tables in a single file (XLSX)
Most Recent Analysis
Dubina, Kevin; Ice, Lindsey; Kim, Janie-Lynn; and Rieley, Michael, "Projections Overview and Highlights, 2020–30," Monthly Labor Review, Forthcoming 2021.
Other Industry Analysis
Data for Researchers
Industry output and employment data for the U.S. economy for historical years, and for the projected year 2030. (ZIP)
This file includes:
- Industry output and employment description
- Industry sectoring plan
- Historical industry employment, 1990–2020
- Historical industry output, 1990–2020
- Historical commodity output, 1990–2020
- Projected industry output and employment, 2030
How to Decompress ZIP Files
- Via e-mail.
- Via telephone at 202-691-5700.
- Via mail to: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001.
Last Modified Date: September 8, 2021