The Employment Projections (EP) program develops information about the labor market for the Nation as a whole for 10 years in the future.
NOTICE We recently renamed many webpages and files on bls.gov/EMP. Doing so is the first step in a redesign of our website which will include improved navigation and more dynamic pages. Users attempting to access renamed content will be redirected to bls.gov/EMP. If you encounter issues with any of the webpages, please contact us online or over the phone: 202–691–5700.
Most Requested EP Tables
All EP Tables »
2016–26 Projections Analysis
EP Data Blog Posts
All EP Publications » Archived EP Data Blog Posts »
- Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2017 (PDF)
Other BLS Information
Other Useful Links
- American Community Survey (ACS) — conducted by the Census Bureau, is an ongoing survey that provides vital information on a yearly basis about our nation and its people.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis — source of GDP and National Income and Product Accounts (NIPA) information.
- CareerOneStop — comprehensive source of employment and career resources.
- Occupational Information Network (O*NETTM) — The O*NET program which is developed under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration, is a leading source of occupational information. Central to the project is the O*NET database, containing information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors. The database is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) — NAICS is used by government agencies to classify business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- Projections Central — State occupational projections developed by the labor market information section of State Employment Security Agencies. Employment projections are available for each State and the District of Columbia.
For additional information concerning the Employment Projections (EP) program, contact an EP staff member at:
- Email: Contact us
- Telephone number: 202-691-5700
- Fax number: 202-691-5745
- Mail address:
Office of Occupational Statistics and Employment Projections
PSB Suite 2135
2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington DC 20212-0001
All EP Contact Information »
Click to enlarge the chart Ten Fastest Growing Occupations, Projected 2016–26.
Click to enlarge the chart Labor Force Share, by Age Group, 1996, 2006, 2016, and Projected 2026.
Click to enlarge the chart Annual Growth Rate of the Population, Labor Force, and Employment, by Decade, 1996 to Projected 2026.
Click to enlarge the chart Projected Percent Change in Industry Employment, 2016–26.
Click to enlarge the chart Projected Percent Change, by Select Occupational Groups, 2016–26.
Click the image above for Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2017. The data is also available in a table.